Saturday, January 22, 2011

Write Your Plans In Pencil

Yesterday as I peered from the ferry towards the city scape, there was a sense of longing for those who I wish I could be sharing the moment with. I was surrounded by sound, but found comfort in my thoughts. The sun was warm on my skin, the breeze swept through my hair. In a city so vast, I felt so small. 
Even today in church I looked around at the thousands, and stood in amazement of how big God is. If I was standing there with the ability to think and feel, everyone could do the same. That blows my mind.

There is so much beauty, there is so much wonder in the world around us. Think about the stars... perfectly aligned, shining bright and beautiful. The human body itself is indescribable. The unique ways God has created each of us. What about the intricate design of a butterfly, the innocence of a child? It's so beautiful. 

I am loved by a beautiful God. He is the only one who could have imagined such wonderful things. 
We think our capacity to love is impeccable, but it cannot even compare to the love that the Father has for us, and for everything He's created. Isn't that crazy? I'm left speechless. 

Every Sunday I go to church, but something was different today... I feel a new passion to seek the heart of God. I thought I "knew" what God wanted me to do in life, what I wanted to do in life, but suddenly, it's like the plans I've written down are being written over by the Creator of the world. And I don't know what that means. I still have dreams, big dreams... but they are different than before. 
I live in  a broken world, so hurt and hungry for truth. As I heart stories of abuse, divorce, racism, etc. I'm broken hearted. When I think about my life, I stand amazed by how much God has protected me. And instead of being upset about that, a resolve has risen up in me to make a change.

I've never really seen myself as an "intense" person, but I think I was just lying to myself, trying to keep this fire locked up. I'm ready for it to be released! 

I just can't believe I haven't seen it for so long. I can't believe I had to be removed from everything I once knew before I could really have this breakthrough. It's incredible. Thank you Jesus. 



2 comments:

  1. Went to Dan's late work "Christmas Party" tonight and spent some time talking to a guy from Australia. Made us think of you and told him all about you. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to explain it or why I feel this way but that made my day. Thanks Linds. (:

    Love&Hugs,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete