Thursday, January 13, 2011

Perseverance: steadfast in doing something despite difficulty

Yesterday was a great day.  I set up my bank, got a cell phone, and went grocery shopping. We probably walked at least 5 miles. It's so hot and humid that I don't do my makeup or hair because by the end of the day you're so sweaty. Josyln and I went to my house and set up a few of my things yesterday. I'm looking forward to meeting my housemates, and getting all my stuff set up. I think that will help the transition immensely. I live about 10 minutes from the school/church/shopping center (which is where I'm hoping to get a job.)  Once school starts I'm sure I'll be busy. Which will give me less time to think of how difficult this is. It's all so new.
I got a little sunburned yesterday, but bought sunscreen last night. 17 dollars for a thing of sunscreen... isn't that crazy?
Yesterday was also wonderful because I got to talk to some family and friends for a little bit. It's so wonderful to hear their voices.
I'm taking one step at a time. Relying on God's grace for TODAY. If I think too much of the future or of the past, my eyes won't be focused on what I need to do NOW.
I've been reading James 1 and Psalms 27 over and over and I find so much comfort that God's going to create in me a perseverance I've never known before. Already my dependency on Him is growing.

So today we're going shopping again, to get all of the random stuff we'll need for these 11 months. I've realized how much I took things for granted back home. The only things I have here are what I packed... which was not a lot! Thank you Jesus for the newfound appreciation for everything.

So to whoever is reading, thank you. This has been an incredible outlet for me to express my thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Lindsey :o)
    I look forward to reading your post. I can't imagine what you are going through. I do know God is with you every step of the way♥ I am glad to hear things are getting better and you are adjusting. I think when you have some time you need to post a video of your adventure on FB Just so we can hear your voice :o) (lol)
    God be with you and blessings on this Jorney♥
    Love ya♥ Prayers coming your way :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you lindsey I love reading your blogs and love imagining you and your times you are having. I miss that bubbly spirit and smile along with your laughs and voice:) I am counting down the days until you come home one by one miss you. Brandy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you! Hope you have fun learning all God has planned for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey- We love you so much and think about you all the time. It was so precious to hear your sweet voice today on Skype when the girls were talking to you. Can't wait to see a pic of one of those cockroaches! Praying for you contstantly!

    Love you,
    The Mendez Fam

    ReplyDelete