Friday, January 14, 2011

Moving In

I was able to move in to my house last night, and my roommate Blake is from Georgia. She is so sweet. We've been crying a lot, talking a lot, and already I feel like my house is going to be wonderful. I do miss the girls I was living with before. They were so hospitable. "This is my temporary home..." haha

The verse that's sticking out to me today is Isaiah 41:9-10


"I took you from the ends of the earth, from it's farthest corners I called you. I said, 'you are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."


I continue to find verses to hang up on my walls. Verses about courage, faith, trust, perseverance, protection, provision, loneliness, etc. The Word is coming alive, because it truly is my lifeline!

All I can do is be drawn to my knees. All I can do is cry out and trust that God's holding me.
Some moments are easier than others...

To everyone back home, I miss you. I pray and think of you often. I see pictures and smile because of the many fond memories I have with you. I cry because I feel like I'm missing out on your lives. But never worry that I've forgotten you. It would not be possible.
And just think... the homecoming will be glorious!



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful gift to have such wonderful verses personalized for you by such a gentle and faithful God! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete