Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 2 here we go!

Day 2 in Sydney. I won't blog this much once I get into a routine, but it's helping me immensely deal with all of these changes.

It's a little scary when you are the only one that knows you. You are "alone" in this city, country, continent and hemisphere. I think that's why I like blogging, because I can feel known even from so far away.

I went to Powerhouse (the 18-25 yr old group) with some other girls last night and it was amazing. The guy talked about dreaming big in 2011. Letting God provide manna each day for you. So I'm going to focus on what I need each day and try not to think too much about alllll of the details or even all of the 11 months. (Sidenote... woah, 11 months is a long time.)
The pastor said something I will never forget.... "Chose when you're strong who you're going to be when you're weak." "Who will you be when homesickness kicks in? Who will you be when you can't pay your bills? Who will you be when it's a struggle to trust?"

So Jesus, please help me! I know I'm not alone because I am yours. Wash over me with a peace I cannot understand. I'm holding onto your word. I trust that I'm here for a reason. I need your Spirit. And please help me not to cry in front of people anymore. I love you. In you're name, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Lindsey,
    I can picture you there quite easily! (I too went to Australia by myself - but mine was only a 2 week vacation) I am so proud of you...following your dream and trusting whole heart-edly in our God! Thank goodness for the computer connection! You are not alone! Your family and friends are here praying for you and loving you down under! God surely has BIG PLANS for you. You will find friends soon...
    The Dolce's have skype too if you want to chat!
    love,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is okay to cry in front of people there dear....A comforting thought is you are surrounded by believers who are adopted into your same great family with the same great God as Father. You will find family soon. You have SO much in common with every person there at the school you will soon find those you mesh with and will feel secure in no time....besides one of the great things about you is your genuineness...there is something to be said about living out what everyone else is feeling and going through...that everyone else is trying to hide. I say cry and have it out! :D In a little while you will look back and see it never really mattered who saw you be real, and cry...but I know for me...i am better when i do...it doesn't say you are weak...it says you are real. We love you brave one! Live this day in His grace! <3 !xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lindsey!

    I totally know what you mean when you say you feel "alone." It is amazing how hard it is on us when we feel nobody "knows" us. But remember you are not alone! I'm believing God is going to take you deeper than ever before and show you new things about Himself! And remember what I said... try out the connect groups and get into one ASAP! It realllllllly helps! ;)
    p.s. 11 months goes by REALLY FAST! Enjoy it as much as you can!!!!
    Blessings,
    Nicole Harkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady...I loved your post! Don't worry, I still cry in front of people all the time. I am praying for you...soak it all in. Even the tough stuff...soak it in.
    James 1:2-4

    ReplyDelete