Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sydney, and the smell of vomit...


Hey friends! I’m safe in Sydney. Before I share more details… I want to tell you a story.

So there was a girl, and she sat in seat 40A. She had a travel buddy and they were anxious for the takeoff. As she looked out the window, she hoped her family and friends wouldn’t forget her. The plane took off and the random movies they played were a nuisance. Turbulance began to set in, and sleep was not easy to come by. Occasionally she would drift into rest, but never long enough. She read the letters many had given her and tried to hide the tears that streamed down her cheeks. Soon she was feeling ill. She pressed the button for the flight attendant and asked for water and a barf bag. But the flight attendant didn’t return on time, and she puked all over her blanket and clothes. From her chest to her mid thigh was covered in vomit. It smelled. It was embarrassing. She made her way uncomfortably to the bathroom (having to squeeze through 2 people to get into the aisle) and tried to wash her clothes out. It was no use. She found a flight attendant and asked for a plastic bag to throw away her blankie. The sad thing was, this was no ordinary blankie. It was a gift from her best friends family. She went back into the lavatory and laughed and cried. “How?” “Why?” The smell was now permanent on her, and she had no clothes to change into. She went back and sat down, but the rest of the flight was horrible. Tossing and turning. I guess the only good part about that was seeing the beautiful sunrise. They arrived in Sydney around 6 am and after throwing up in the bathroom one more time in the airport, they made their way through customs and waited endlessly for luggage. Finally the shuttle came and picked them up, and they were off to the days adventures…

Umm if you’re asking… that girl was ME.
Let’s just say that is not the best way to start a “grand adventure.”

This is not what I was expecting. And I need Jesus A LOT. Please pray for me.

Random details…
They took me to my house and I’ll be living with 4 other girls. I’m the only new student in this 5. So the bummer is, they are all on break still and won’t be back for 2 weeks. But don’t worry mom, I’m staying with Joslyn in her house until they come back. They took us shopping today, and I bought random household stuff… sheets, a new blanket, towels, etc. I’m still feeling sick, and almost wish I could throw up in order to feel better. It’s muggy here. But it’s beautiful. And I’ve heard too much about the bugs for my liking. But I know that it’s just the transition period, and it will get easier.

I MISS YOU ALL AND LOVE YOU MORE THAN I CAN EXPRESS. 
Ok I'm going to stop writing before I start crying in the McDonald's. 

4 comments:

  1. You will be okay sweety...it will soon be better...so much so you wont even think about how it feels anymore...because you will just be living! I am sorry you had such a trying flight. We are praying for you! It is a nice comfort to have sheets and towels of your own...clean and new!Sleep Well friend as you catch up on some hard earned ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NOOOOOO... that's so sad! I'm sorry it was so horrible! Hope you feel better soon!
    p.s. one good thing about housemates that are all older is they will have friends... with cars! ;) Where are you living?
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us along on your Grand adventure....We are standing in prayer for you....enjoy, endure, persevere, and most of all SHINE for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linds! I know our prayers and hugs will reach you! I hope you feel them. YOU ARE LOVED SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete