Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Been A Week.

Yesterday was the one week mark. Crazy, huh? 
It's gone by so fast and so slow at the same time. Each day gets a little less difficult.

So here's the random thought for today...
I don't think you fall in love... you grow in love. And that's a beautiful thing. 

I'm growing to love a place called New South Wales. I'm growing to love a church named Hillsong. I'm growing to love my friends from all over the world. That doesn't mean I've forgotten home, it's just a different season of my life. Jesus is helping me love this place. And it truly is because of Him that I'm not huddled in my room crying. He's blessed me with incredible friends already. It's almost like we've become family, cuz in a way we have to. And that's wonderful. 
Last night after youth group we invited some people over. We thought it would be like 10 people, but it ended up being like 30-40! It was a blast. Everyone brought snacks and we talked and played games. I felt like a little hostess. :)
When you talk to people here, everyone has a cool story of how Jesus got them here. And everyone is walking in faith. It's so fun. 

It's weird because I'll be doing completely fine and then something switches inside of me and I miss home. I think it's because when I talk to people, I have to say goodbye again and again. It's like the bandaid effect. You either choose to rip it off quickly or you pull and pull and it's more painful. I think I'm a mix between the two. 

Well, I'm going to deep clean my room... 
Cherrio from down undah.


1 comment:

  1. That week went fast! I love your posts, Lindsey! Thanks for the updates. We will continue to pray for you.
    love,
    The Andersons

    ReplyDelete