Friday, February 4, 2011

Priceless Memories, Precious Moments


Only in college will you get hand-be-down sheets that have an 80’s surfer pattern on them.
Pretty sweet, aye?! (Don't worry... I washed them!)

I spent the afternoon cleaning, organizing and giggling with my roommate. We listened to a lot of N*sync and TSwift. I tried to dance, and she just laughed at me. She’s in the dance stream, so I’m going to convince her to teach me. Haha
Then I collaged one of my notebooks for school! It was fun to be crafty again. I miss all of my supplies at home. But nothing like good ol’ magazine cut outs and tape!

I also got to talk to my daddy! Just hearing his voice makes everything better.

It’s 40 degrees celcious (104 farenheit) with about 100% humidity. It’s quite ridiculous! The sun is much different here. It’s brutal. I’ve been religious about putting on sunscreen (thanks mom, you taught me well!) You can’t go anywhere without sweating bullets. It’s disgusting. But I've lost 10 lbs. So let’s weigh the benefits. (Pun intended...) 

After finishing our room I walked downstairs and thought to myself... "this is becoming home." The thought scared me. But I guess it's good. I guess it's healthy. There's home-home, and then there is thiisss home. And if I don't let it become home, I will never fully allow myself to experience everything I should while I'm here. 

In the past few days I've had wonderful "God conversations" with people. Ya know what I mean? We're sharing life together. Most of the people I talk to are in the same boat I am... We have no idea what our futures hold, so we trust Jesus to direct us. It's awesome. 

There are around 60 different countries represented at Hillsong International Leadership College. I'm learning about so many different cultures. I feel like I was so ignorant before. I didn't know anything about other cultures. It's so wonderful to come to a place and have my eyes opened to the differences of the world. It truly is a small world after all...
Example: My friend Caroline goes to Seattle Pacific University. She's decided to go to India this summer to teach. I was talking to my friend Antonio here at Hillsong, and where Caroline's going is Antonio's hometown. Umm, isn't that crazy?!

Well, that was a bunch of random-ness, but I just wanted to keep you informed about what's going on. 
Love and miss you. 
-Butterfly


No comments:

Post a Comment