Monday, February 7, 2011

Blessed Beyond Measure

Wow, another amazing day has come and gone...
I was able to play piano for the first time in about a month last night. In a crowded room it felt like it was just me and the ebony and ivory keys. It was glorious.

This morning I went to a Super Bowl party at the church. There were about a hundred people there. Some people were realllly into it, and others sat on the outskirts simply there for the fellowship. Guess where I was? Yep, you guessed it... the back row. Don't worry, I was sporting my green and yellow for Green Bay. (just because they are Jon's favorite team. Love ya brother) The only bummer was the lack of American commercials. So disappointed!

When I got home I relaxed for a little while and then started cleaning. (Our house has it's first inspection on Wednesday.) As I was wiping the top of the kitchen cupboards I glanced to my right and there were two cockroach traps. Of course I panicked... SO gross. I'm not exaggerating when I say there were probably around a hundred or more dead cockroaches. I refused to touch them. No way. No how. I draw the line! Needless to say, I chose a new area to clean.

As we were cleaning out the garage we came across three bags of clothes left by previous students. Blake and I took them to our room and went through them. Oh my goodness... perfect fit; on almost everything. And they are all really nice. A pair of Marc Jacobs pants, Express jeans, Gap shirts, etc. Blake estimates that it's probably $900 worth of clothes. JESUS LOVES ME. I'm so thankful. And whoever they belonged to previously, you have no idea how much you just blessed me. I wish I could hug you. (Wearing your sweater of course!) haha
I miss home so much it hurts sometimes. But the Aussie "no worries" attitude is making it's way into my heart... and my vocabulary. At random times I think, "what did I just say?!" It's quite silly.

Anyways, be blessed and remember that you are loved, chosen, important, and unique. Take a look at your fingerprint... Let it be a reminder of how cool God is, and how amazing He made you.
*Hugs and kisses from Sydney*

No comments:

Post a Comment