Monday, December 6, 2010

My First "Big Girl" Christmas Party

As I navigated my way through the room of women I thought to myself, I do not even deserve this title. I have not been to college, I have not married, and I don't have children. And yet, I felt totally accepted. When you look at a woman, what do you see? I see faces, filled with color, brimming with life. Mouths with words of encouragement and significant stories. I see hands that are gentle and productive. I see eyes that  are filled with the thoughts of life. I hear laughter, that comes even when I know there are probably loads of laundry at home waiting to be done... When the dishes are piling up, and the Christmas tree needs to be decorated. But for a few hours, we escape. We join together. And we are simply women. We eat, we laugh, we sing. No sweeter sound than that of women from all ages, all personalities, all walks of life. I feel so blessed to have such women in my life. Valiant women, full of grace and sincerity. Bold women, choosing to live Spirit led lives. 
Someday I hope to be like them. To have joy in rough seasons. To comfort like only a woman can. To understand, without need for words. 

To the women of Gateway, you are what Proverbs 31 describes. Thank you. 
You mean more to me than I know how to express.
I look forward to the seasons to come. Learning from you, laughing with you, and loving you. 

I'm a girl with many moms, aunties, sisters and gramma's. It can't get much better than that. 

1 comment: