Saturday, July 9, 2011

6 MONTHS!


Six Months

To express in a few short sentences the impact of these past six months is impossible. To describe the change that has occurred would short-change it if I tried. To address each person that has become and remain a part of my life would take days. So in only a few words, I will try to recap these past few months….

Since moving from Salem, Oregon on January 9th, 2011 to Sydney, Australia, my life has changed. At times it seems like the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced, but at the end of the day I know it’s all worth it. My family, friends, church, Walmart and even Taco Bell remain in Salem and although Australia is not host to any of those things, I transition… my family and friends become people from all over the world- Germany, Korea, Canada, India, England, Belgium, Africa, Mexico, etc. My grocery store becomes Coles, Hershey’s is traded for Cadbury, and the lack of insulation in the walls makes me recall the autumn days in Oregon.

Along the way I’ve had many lonely days, many times when I worried about finances, many early mornings, many awkward moments, and many times where I was ready to board the plane home, but in each of these times it’s deepened my capacity to trust that this is all on purpose!
But also along the way, I’ve met amazing people, served in an amazing church, giggled late into the night, created friendships and memories, grown and learned things that will last a lifetime!
I wouldn’t trade it for the world…

And in great excitement and expectancy, I look forward to the months to come. I know that as I continue to settle, I will continue to bloom. And even when I don’t feel like I have a place, I know I belong.

So where is home? Home will be wherever I am in whatever the season.

To everyone who has been with me since the beginning, during, and continuing with me on this journey—THANK YOU. In those two simple words I hope you know how grateful I am and forever will be for you.
Most importantly, thank you Jesus. Thank you for taking a nineteen-year-old girl across the world and opening her eyes. Thank you for the miracles along the way… financial provision, peace, grace, comfort and so much more. I couldn’t and never want to live a day without you.


So undoubtingly I can say, this is the best year of my life.

The girl across the globe,
Lindsey



P.S. Not that I’m counting the days or anything (147), but… I’ll be home for Christmas, you can count on me!

P.S.S. It took me three days to write this because I couldn’t decide what to share! 6 months is a lot of life to reflect on... :)

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, it has truly been a joy to follow your journey through FB and this blog. It is amazing to be able to Skype you, knowing you are so far away! You are a godly example to our children and to us as you follow where God leads you and live your life trusting in Him completely! Thank you for sharing all of this with us! May God continue to protect and bless you in your remaining time there. We love you!

    ReplyDelete