Friday, June 10, 2011

Now Is Not The Time To Listen To Sad Country Songs


Now Is Not The Time To Listen To Sad Country Songs

Can you believe it's June already?! Time is rushing by! If I'm not careful I could blink and this whole year will be gone. Phew, can't let that happen.

What else is new?! Umm, well pretty much everything.
It's new to me too. I’ve heard it said, “If you’re open to change, you’re gonna be changed…” And boy-oh-boy can I attest to that! 

Here are some of the newest updates/random facts:

* I got a job! Thank you for your fervent prayers. I'm working at a Subway a thirty-minute bus ride from my house. I really enjoy it once there, but the timing of buses is quite the hassle. Sometimes I leave 2 hours early just to get there. But that's okay. I'm so grateful!

*I've covered my walls in random memorabilia which has helped make this house feel like home. Oh and side note- I killed a huge spider the other day. Like, I’m talking HUGE. I’m pretty proud!

*There is a cat that has adopted our house. Being the girls and animal lovers we are, we feed it. I guess he’s been named by the neighbors “Pedro.” I don’t know why. If only we could bring it inside…

*The 25th Hillsong Conference is coming up so we have some long/exciting weeks ahead. I don’t know where I’m allocated yet, but it will be an incredible time! 20,000+ people worshipping Jesus!

*The questions are still looming and circulating… “What’s your plan for next year?!” Don’t worry, I’m not making a big announcement yet. Because quite frankly, I have no idea. I’m in the process of researching and praying about different options, but at this point, it’s too soon to decide.

*To the graduating class of 2011, congratulations you guys! You have the world at your feet... explore it! It was a little melancholy because graduation fell on the same day that marks the 5-month anniversary of me being here. I missed you especially Natalie and Jor, wish I could’ve been there.

* I’ve realized I love the sound of laundry in the dryer. It’s almost done and ready to be folded and put on your shelves, crisp and clean and ready to be worn. I don’t know… it’s the simple things, ya know?

Sometimes the adventure doesn’t seem very exciting, but then really it’s just my perspective that’s skewed. 
Sometimes
I crave the “norm” I so want to escape from.
Sometimes
I can't explain to my heart what's going on in my head. Or visa versa.
Sometimes
I miss you all so bad it hurts.
But most of the time
, I smile knowing I have a God that loves me, family that supports me, friends that care for me, and a bright future ahead of me. Life is good. No matter where you are at.
 

Sincerely,
         The girl who is delighted that in 7 months I will be in your arms again. 

P.S. I’m thinking and praying for you all the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment