Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Returning Home With More Than a Suitcase

I'm consolidating my suitcase (for the 5th time) and it's beginning to hit me... only two more days left in Australia.

I had a lovely (freezing) day at the beach, watched movies with some of my favorite people, and am now wide awake at 1:45am trying to figure out how to put my life for the past year into two 50 lbs. bags... or as Aussies would say... 23 kilos.

Although very excited and expectant to return home, right now I'm feeling the sadness of leaving my life here. Of departing from the people I've grown to love. Of leaving this home.

Okay Lindsey, you can do it! Enjoy your last days. Tomorrow, (technically today. Remind me again why am I awake?!) clean your little heart out... Thursday spend a wonderful final day with your housemates and finish packing... And Friday, well Friday... board a plane and begin a new chapter. Sometimes it's so difficult to turn a new page when the one before it is still gripping your heart...

Obviously being metaphorical and mushy isn't going to help. My bad :)

So basically, I'm rambling. Yup, I think I'm done for today. I've got a to-do list to conquer!

This quite possibly could be my final post from 'Down Under.'
If so, it is with much gratitude that I write this. My heart only hearts because it's been so wonderful.
The best and worst year of my life... making it the BEST year of my life! (Disclaimer: by worst I mean challenging. Challenge=change. Change=good!)
So much growth, so many incredible opportunities and so many wonderful experiences and people I've met along the way.

With a tear in my eye and a smile on my face, I bid you adieu.

For the joys of tomorrows...
Lindsey Noelle

P.S. There is no way that my suitcase could contain everything I've accumulated over this year...
All of the laughs. All of the letters written along the way! All of the early mornings and late nights. All of the Oreos and peanut butter eaten for breakfast... (don't worry Mum, I only did that once!) All of the instant sunburns. (Even when I was wearing SPF 30+) All of the broken mugs. (Random, right?) All of the books I must leave behind. (For someone who would like to someday have a library, that's like putting TacoBell sauce in an open wound...) All of the incredible teachings and sermons I've had the privilege of hearing. All of the amazing, wonderful, incredible, awesome people I've met. (They can't all come to America at once...)
So, I'll just have to accept...  I'm returning home with more than a suitcase. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment